DEXA SCAN: Body Fat, Muscle, and Bone Testing
Precise information. Measure where you are now. Track your progress.
Contact Us Today!
What is a DEXA Scan?
The DEXA Scan is the clinical gold standard for measuring fat, muscle, and bone density. Find nearby locations and pricing, to get you an on-the-spot assessment of your body composition.
A DEXA Scan (Dual-Enerxy X-ray Absorptiometry), uses two different types of waves that are reflected by lean muscle, and bone differently. The scanner uses this information to create a detailed map of your body and measure your body composition.
TREATMENTS FEATURED IN:
How it Works?
A DEXA SCAN is the GOLD STANDARD, most accurate method for determining body fat, lean muscle mass & bone density. It is significantly more precise than other body fat measurements. It is an excellent motivational tool because it will assess if you are losing the right type of weight, body fat, muscle mass, or both, unlike a traditional home scale which does not specify the type of weight you are losing.
Who should have a DEXA Scan?
How do I prepare
- On the day of the exam, you may eat normally.
- Do not take calcium supplements at least 24 hours before your exam.
- Wear loose clothing. Avoid garments that have metal zippers, belts, or buttons.
- You may be asked to remove dental appliances, watches, jewelry, eyeglasses, metal objects, wallets, keys, or clothing that might interfere with the x-ray images.
- It is important to inform your x-ray technologist if you recently had a barium examination or have been injected with a contrast material for a computed tomography (CT) scan or radioisotope scan. You may have to wait 10-14 days before having a DEXA.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant, you cannot do the DEXA Scan to prevent the fetus from being exposed to radiation.
How often should I have a DEXA Scan
The DEXA SCAN lean muscle mass & bone density test can be performed every 3-4 months to determine how well your nutrition and exercise are working and/or how effective your EMSCULPT NEO® or EMTONE® treatments are. It is not recommended to have a DEXA scan more than three times a year.
My husband and I saw Christine. We loved her. I think people are looking for a miracle and to be told something spectacular. She’s a nutritionist! Her job is to teach you how to eat a balanced meal, how many calories, carbs, etc. Can you do this on your own or by looking on the internet? Yes. But apparantly ppl haven’t. Her job is to tell you what how to put together a decent meal, what’s beneficial and not, and have you check in for accountability.
Have always had a good experience with the behavioral health services provided by this group. They accept my insurance, the practitioners are qualified, and I have never had any problems with scheduling, billing, customer service, etc. I have also been treated well during the current Coronavirus pandemic. Cannot comment on the nutrition services as I have not used them.
My wife Carol watched me lose 40 pounds in three months. She had also witnessed my significant change over the past year on maintaining a maintenance program with outstanding success. This success has provided increased energy, and what is more important, it has greatly reduced my medication intake. This is significant in that I was diagnosed with diabetes years back. Carol, seeing the tremendous success and ease decided to join the program and lost over 35 pounds with similar results.